“What to make with leftover steak” I recited and laughed to myself at the rhyme, earlier in the day, as my thoughts to dinner – dinner for one – entered my mind.
I appreciate that my kids read my blog. So in order to keep them reading I gotta keep the story short.
Story: my daughter bought stinking good -fresh-from a butcher-steak. I needed to make sure to use up the leftovers before they spoiled.
Criteria: healthy, fast (as I had an osteo appointment), got to have everything in the pantry and will use the leftover steak in the fridge.
Thanx to “Taste Of Home” for steak tortillas – omg – so good!!!
Served on a bed of fresh spinach for extra fibre and gut health.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye or sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
As I’m making this I’m thinking about the left over sausage in the fridge hmmmmm OR skipping the tortillas and serve with rice.
~ eat well live better